Happy Halloween! We hope you had a good one. Isaac's favorite new discovery this months is

pumpkins. He
absolutely adores them. Whenever we are out and see one, he shouts "
Punn-
kim!" and I have to respond that I too see it before we can move on.


Here he is giving his buddy the pumpkin a hug.

October was full of nice weather and fun play dates at the park with friends. I love it when these three get together. I also love this picture of our friend eating his socks.

Isaac is picking up a couple photography tips for Mom. In return, he is trying to teach his friend Carter how to jump, a skill he will show off to anyone who says, "1, 2, 3, jump!"

Last Monday for
FHE we carved a pumpkin. As daddy would draw the face, Isaac would shout out "EYES!" or "MOUTH!" or "NOSE!" I think this holiday tradition was made especially with 2 year old boys in mind.

After it was carved, we put a flashlight in it and put it in Isaac's room as a night light. We would peek in to turn off the flashlight at night to find he had fallen asleep with his face pressed against the crib where the pumpkin was.
.JPG)
Miss Amy made pumpkin finger puppets for Isaac's book buddy class and sent him home with the poem "Five little Pumpkins" which Cliff and I had to repeat multiple times each day. ....
The fourth one said, "I am ready for some fun." The fifth one said, "lets run and run and run!" Then woosh went the wind and out went the lights and five little pumpkins rolled out of sight. I'll have to ask Cliff if I repeat it in my sleep.
We are so glad Isaac got to wear his train costume to Book Buddies and do a Halloween
scavenger hunt. As it turned out, he was running a temperature Halloween weekend and had no desire to do anything but suck on ice cubes, be held and read to.
.JPG)
Isaac and his fellow train buddy. He wouldn't wear his train hat or let go of his candy bag for the picture, but these guys look good anyway.

For Halloween Sunday dinner, Cliff went all out and made us a special pumpkin parsnip soup in a pumpkin. The interior meat of the pumpkin was tender and delicious and just fell off the skin. You can kind of see the
caramelized parsnips and onion there on top.
1 comment:
So much cuteness. I can't believe Isaac is two!
And Cliff's dinner looks amazing.
When are you coming to Israel?! We have to continue our tradition of visiting each other in foreign countries. We sure miss you guys!
Post a Comment