We have arrived in Beijing safe and sound. Because of scheguling problems, United bumped us from our flight and rebooked us on China Air a couple hours later. Instead of the 'normal' plane fare, we enjoyed sea food and rice, chicken and rice, and buns with some sort of meat in the middle. For dessert, watermelon (where's the chocolate?!) The chinese movies did not have an english translation, and the 200 11-12 year old chineses students that packed the plane around us and were energetic the entire 12 hour flight. Cliff read his Kruschev book, and I read the Beijing tour book we bought and played solitaire on my ipod.
We arrived in Beijing and felt bad about lying on the immigration forms where it asked if we had had a fever in the past 2 weeks. We had both run temperatures after getting our tetnus and typhoid innoculations. Luckily, none of the immigration officers seemed to notices our potentially guilty faces, and waved us through.
We found our hotel by the forbidden city without too much of a problem, and were pleased to find it well stocked with toilet paper and a kettle to boil water.
Much love all,
Cliff and Margo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm glad you have internet access. Will you be able to post pictures? If not, I guess I can wait until you get back . . .
So glad you are well; love you lots, MOM
Udachi vam!! I can't wait to see pics / hear about your trip! :)
Dad; Keep that tolet paper handy, and keep using that water purifer. LOVE
How exciting! Thanks for keeping the blog updated, so we can all live vicariously through you.
Best,
Erin
P.S. I agree with everyone else...I can't wait to see your pictures.
Post a Comment