Moscow has come and gone in a flurry of running between city highlights! The three full days taking in the sights were sadly inadequate. We met up with a friend of ours who now works for the US embassy in Moscow and he showed us around one night. Otherwise, we most enjoyed the St. Basil's Cathedral--where we oddly met the LDS missionaries we had seen in church the Sunday before in a completely different mission! Supposedly they were on their one day off of their mission where they leave the country, then come back in--so they got to leave their mission and go to Moscow. Very odd coincidence.
Red Square was great. It was closed since there was a city celebration there the day or two before. But we did see the wax like body of Lenin still snugly interred in his mausoleum. We enjoyed the Kremlin as well. Oh, the things I could write if I didn't have to do it all in 15 minutes (internet cafe).
One thing about our sightseeing is that we are... through. Cliff and I had a conversation about why we never end up going on organized tours in cities and the conclusion we reached is that perhaps they might rush us along and we might miss something!!! Heaven forbid. So, we are perhaps the most through and slow tourists ever, but we have enjoyed it all.
Much love,
us
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I ran into LDS missionaries at St. Basil's too! :) But they were just exploring on their p-day . . .
I'm ridiculously jealous of this amazing trip you've had! :)
Post a Comment