Here is a quick update on our travels.
Saturday and Sunday we were in Perm. I went to the Perm-36 Museum, which is one of the only former Soviet prison camps that was not destroyed by the KGB. It was really, really neat, and I'll have to post about my interesting experience getting there.
Yesterday we were in Kazan, which is a beautiful city and the capital of Tartarstan, a "republic" within the Russian Federation.
Today we are in Nizhny Novgorod and tonight we are heading to MOSCOW! We decided to fore go visiting some of the Golden Ring cities around Moscow so that we could spend the weekend in Kharkov with my friend Iosif from my mission. I am very excited about that. From Kharkov we'll go to St. Petersburg for a few days and then fly home from Tallinn. Having purchased our final train tickets, it is hard to believe we are getting close to coming home!
Tuesday, September 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment