Thursday, December 1, 2011

November: Turning 3!, Thanksgiving, and everything else

November was a mild and wonderful month. Isaac enjoyed playing with his friends in the beautiful falling leaves. The days have been warm and easy to enjoy.

We scored some free Natural History exhibit passes from a building friend and had the luck of having "Uncle Preston" come with us. Here Isaac and Uncle Preston are digging for dinosaur bones. Isaac's favorite exhibit seems to be the frog exhibit. There is a video of frogs eating different incredible things (a mouse, a snake) and isaac likes to watch it over and over.


To entertain ourselves, one day we went down to South Sea Port and caught the Ikea ferry over to Brooklyn (as pictured).

Isaac was fascinated with the ferry ride and keeps angling for us to go back and ride it again. I am set against it--I'm not sure if it was the missing the outgoing ferry by a minute and waiting for the next one for an hour, the chasing isaac all over while we were there, the baby falling out of the stroller while we were ordering our meatballs (I cried more than the baby), or the barely making our ferry home--the last one of the evening. I will not go back for another year, or at least until I can sufficiently forget this trip.





The big event in November was Isaac's official birthday.

The night before, we decorated the apartment with yellow crepe paper and balloons.

We made car cup cakes and brought frosting and candies to Isaac's pre-K to share and decorate as a birthday activity.

He was in heaven.


That night, buy Isaac's request, we ordered pizza and watched Cars 2, a present from Uncle Preston (any wonder why he is the favorite?). Mom made her best attempt at making a Lightening McQueen cake. A good time was had by all.

Thanksgiving was spent with family at Lake George. There was snow! the first snow of the season for us. I forgot to pack jackets for myself and Alexander (sheesh!!! they were right by the door). But we managed to survive. We rented a car and drove up Thanksgiving morning. Isaac got car sick multiple times and we had to pull over and wipe everything down in the freezing cold.

A police officer pulled over behind us as we were wiping things down the second time and saw that I had been putting the soiled wipes by the tires. He almost cited us for littering but let us go after giving us a stern warning. We really were just wiping things down first, then going to put all the puke-covered things in a tied off bag when the cleaning was completed. oh well. I should have just let Isaac puke on his boots.

Thanksgiving was great. Our family has a home right on the river. We roasted marshmallows over a big rock fire pit one night, and hit the outlet malls the day after thanksgiving.

Once home, we have started in checking holiday things off our to-do list. First up, train show at the botanical garden with friends. check.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Did you see the episode of 30 Rock about Ikea? Even according to pop culture, that place can make or break you. I'm glad you survived in the end!