Monday, September 20, 2010

Blair Update: Margo's Court Victory; Cliff a Church "Free Agent"

Well, we've been home from Ukraine for almost two weeks now, so I have no excuse for not posting the rest of our pictures. I have a post ready about our Kiev Church History tour, and I promise I'll post an update about members from the Donetsk/Dnepropetrovsk Missions as well as pictures from our trip to the Crimea.

In other news, Margo had a great court victory for her latest client who was being sued by a debt collector. She worked hard before leaving for Minnesota to file a very thorough motion asking that the lawsuit be dismissed. Margo's goal was "shock and awe": since the vast majority of people who are sued by debt collectors fail to respond to the lawsuit, she wanted the other side to know that they would not have it easy in this case--there would be a long, hard, and expensive fight ahead. It worked! When we got home from Ukraine, there was a notice from opposing counsel voluntarily withdrawing the case. Congrats, counsellor!

My news is that I showed up for bishopric meeting last Sunday and found out I was being released. It was part of a boundary realignment of several of the singles wards in the stake. The bishop aptly described it being similar to the Second Coming: everyone said it was going to happen, but it never did, so eventually we kind of forgot about it. Margo was even more surprised when I burst in the door at 8:40 am and said "Everyone says you better come to Church because I'm being released in 20 minutes!" She calmly asked if she could please finish her shower and we miraculously made it back to the chapel before the meeting started at 9.

1 comment:

Daniel said...

Congratulations Margo! And congratulations Cliff (a blessing to serve, but also a blessing not to serve sometimes)!