Monday, May 24, 2010

Backstreet Blairs

We don't have a lot of new things to say, but did have some more pictures to post.

We met one of Isaac's buddies at the playground last week. The weather was wonderful and they were having fun being goofy.

They have turned on the water in the parks and Isaac has been uncommonly leery of the new adventure. I think it is because the water is pretty chilly.

Today it reached the mid 80's and still Isaac would only watch the other kids running through the fountains. Around 5:30, it was cooling off and most of the kids had headed home. Isaac decided it was time to get wet with a vengeance. I think it will be a fun summer.

Monday this week, Kari and I hitched up our babes and took in a concert of the Backstreet Boys. I am not sure how Isaac liked it.

To get in the proper frame of mind, Cliff and I watched old Backstreet Boys music videos such as I Want it That Way, As Long As You Love Me, and Quit Playing Games With My Heart. (I sure hope you follow these links and take a trip down memory lane with me). They did "Backstreet Boys are Back" which was great.

Isaac had been good long enough, so we found a playground a couple blocks away in Central Park and he ran around. We wandered over to FAO Schwarz and were there for the opening when they roll out the red carpet and all the employees line up and clap for the kids.

We even checked out the nearby Apple store before heading home. Isaac really liked their glass elevator. Am I the only one who has absolutely no interest in owning an ipad?

Things are going just really well for us and time seems to be quickly slipping by. I am still doing quite a bit of free legal work for our building, and Cliff is a superstar at work.

This past week I went to a reception where five people from Cliff's firm received awards and, of course, Cliff was one of them. It was kindof fun to dress up and meet some of the partners I had only heard Cliff talk about.

After the reception, we sat in Cliff's office where I munched cheese and worked on a cross-word puzzle and Cliff had to finish up some work. It doesn't sound very celebratory or even worth mentioning, but it felt like old times--when we were dating and both working as Teaching Assistants and would sit in the office together working. Do you ever have glimpses of a former life that make you smile? It was nice to get home to Isaac too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

very cute! and I love that you went to the Backstreet Boys concert!

Erin said...

Awesome. I've had Backstreet Boys songs ever since I first read this post. Thanks, alot. :)