Thursday, March 18, 2010

Birthdays, February, Film

My sister had her baby on the 16th! Congrats to you--it was a doctor's check-up that turned into an emergency c-section. How grateful I am that everyone is ok. Look how cute he turned out! His name will be Jet Aldan.



Isaac is 16 months old now and can climb ladders and blow bubbles from a bubble wand. Its quite cute to see him do it. He weighs 27 pounds, and is 33 inches long. The Boys of the Boxes--daddy still builds Isaac cardboard forts, and Issac loves it.



February was a pretty great month, especially the first week. Among the highlights was Rita's giving away free italian ice all day, every day. I tried almost all of the flavors (FYI, they are doing free italian ice again on March 20th to celebrate spring.) Birthday celebrations started early--Friday was dinner out at Gennaros, Saturday was a La Maison du Chocolate tasting, and Sunday was hot dogs with the ward at a linger longer. (OK, hot dogs with the ward wasn't for my b-day, but it was still pretty great). Isaac surprised us all by sleeping 12 hour nights and 3 hour naps!! I started to worry he was running a fever or had a head injury. But no. It must have been a growth spurt or new teeth. So I just lived it up and had lots of personal time.

The birthday day was a playdate with Isaac's girlfriend (they now hold hands while being wheeled in their respective strollers), chat with an old friend, birthday hot chocolate at Pain Quotidian (and birthday pastry!--thanks Kari), dinner home cooked by Mr. Wonderful Cliff. After we put Isaac to bed, we blew out the candles on our little chocolate ice cream cake. Cliff captured the moment in film:
We have been going through a French Film craze. Lately we have seen Bienvenue chez les ch'its, Quelque jours en semptembre, Ne le dis a personne, La vie en rose. Its bitter sweet because on the upside, cliff chats with me in French, on the down side, I recognize how terrible my french has become. Anyone have any recommendations?

4 comments:

Cliff said...

Je n'ai regardé «Le vie en rose».

Alyosha said...

I love gennaro! Did you get the chocolate cake?

Lindsay said...

You should find a copy of "Ponette." Hands down the BEST French film I've ever seen.

Linemoren said...

I am sooooooooooo sad I misssed your birthday!!!!! :( BUT I still wish you the BEST!! And it sounded like you had a great time! :)maybe we can celebrate both of our birthdays together when I come back to NYC ;)