The last post about Isaac was outdated within 24 hours; he now has 4 teeth, has said "dad" and walks around holding onto our legs. [Cliff wanted me to add that we think he says all sorts of words, but his vocabulary hasn't been independently verified]. [picture taken last night at a dinner with our friends]I was thinking how at first he reminded me of a shark because sharks sense everything through their mouths (and he used his mouth aggressively). At around 6 months he started reminding me more of a jelly fish, because he would use his eyes and hands, but only so he could maneuver things to his mouth and latch on while making a suction cup with his lips. Now, he is reminding me more of a little doggy. He pants, crawls around on all fours (and always manages to be almost under my feet), yelps, grabs stuff with his teeth (especially stuff we would rather he didn't), and drools buckets.
So, we are apartment searching. Its kind of fun to see lots of apartments, in an exhausting sort of way. I decided Wednesday night that our one bedroom would be fine for another year. Then I woke up early Thursday morning to go to the Gym. While sneaking through the living room on my way out, Isaac heard the floor board creak, and was instantly wide awake, staring at me. 20 minutes later, I was able to leave for the gym. During those 20 minutes, I held him and repeated over and over to myself: we need a second bedroom. [Picture compliments of the wonderful Diane. Sorry the bill of my ball cap is in the way on the left there. ps, we lost his ducky shortly after this picture. Isaac was inconsolable].
So far we have tried: Craig's List, for sale by owner, and three brokers. We have looked at no fee, month free, and fee apartments. We were looking through our old files and saw we paid $6K in broker fees alone to move into our current place--sure don't want to do that again. While requesting a letter from our current landlord, we were told there was a three bedroom available on the top floor. Asking price, $8K/mo. He offered it to us for $6K. I said that was still a bit out of our budget, what about $4K? He said we have been good tenants, and he would think about it. Hmmmm. I wasn't really serious. I hope he wasn't either. Should I go to the landlord's office and yell through the front door: "I revoke my offer" and then run away in embarrassment, just in case he accepts it and thus becomes a breach of contract claim if I then try to say I was speaking hypothetically? Sometimes I hate that nagging lawyer voice in my head.
[Photo from Lynda's baby get together. Yea, litte Ava is now here]
4 comments:
Two words for you: NEW JERSEY!!! Seriously, our move across the river was the best thing we ever did. So much more space for a lot less money.
And no more NYC income taxes. :)
Good luck with your search!
And Isaac remains adorable. :)
Margo, you're hilarious. :) Love the picture of Isaac and the duck. When Phil walked in and saw it he said "how did he fit that in his mouth!!" I agree...your kids got talent.
P.S. You should move to DC. Slightly cheaper rent for a heck of a lot more space.... and I'd make you a cake.
Since everyone else is doing it, let me plug our neighborhood. Bay Ridge is lovely, and you gotta love the "more space for less money" aspect. Plus, I can already guarantee you'd have some great neighbors. ;)
By the way, we'd love for you, Cliff, and Isaac to come meet Baby Caleb! So seriously, come down. We haven't had any visitors yet and would love to start introducing Caleb to our friends. :)
nooooo - if you move away from UWS (riverside park to CPW, north of 86 to south of 125, minus north of 110...haha love our MSH boundaries) i will CRY!!!!! no jersey. no dc. no no no. :) 5th floor walkup just across the street from me. i know, deal breaker. keep looking! xoxo
Post a Comment