Friday, December 5, 2008

Thanksgiving

We always have much to give thanks for, but this year we feel extraordinarily blessed to have little Isaac and to have him home and feeling well.

In his honor I cooked a turkey about twice his size. (Margo tried to buy us something more in the 3x range since it cost less per pound, but cooler heads prevailed.)

*margo's note: the turkey cliff lobbied for and we ended up getting was anti-biotic, free-range, and organic. Does anyone else have a problem eating food that is healthier than they are?

I was very impressed with my turkey--let's hope it isn't beginners luck!

Although it was only the three of us, we were glad to be safely at home, and we enjoyed a pretty good feast. My tradition is to make my Grandmother Blair's creamed onions, but this year I cooked a few more dishes than usual.

Now we are officially enjoying the Christmas season. I've got my MoTab CD's going (pushing my luck with Margo by playing through them all about 1.5 times a day) and last night we watched the Rockefeller Center Christmas. We just need a tree!











2 comments:

Jilly Bean said...

Your meal looks delicious. Way to go, Cliff!

Lindsay said...

Glad you guys had a great Thanksgiving! Your turkey looks like it was fabulous. (And Margo, I'm with you 100% on the organic comment...hehehe.)