Friday, December 5, 2008

Happily Home Part II: Daddy's Turn

If you send me an email at my work account, you will get an out-of-office message, because I am on paternity leave! With the Christmas holidays, I don't have to go back until after New Year's, which works out very nicely. (I do have a few things to do from home, and probably a court appearance in my pro bono case, but at least I won't get bored.)

I am enjoying the life of a house-husband (i.e., wearing my pajamas all day), trying to take care of Margo while she takes care of Isaac. I am also the chief cook and diaper-changer and lately I have had fun carrying Isaac around the house in the Baby Bjorn carrier while I do the dishes or work on my laptop (although I have to kind of dance while I do it, because he gets restless if I stand still). I also confess that I enjoy lazing around the apartment reading the New York Times. It is a great day if I can get beyond the front section. (The point requiring confession here is that I read the Times Free Smileys & Emoticons at Clip Art Of.com).

2 comments:

Jilly Bean said...

I'm glad you're home and enjoying time with Isaac and Margo. Being a parent is so sweet. Cliff, I must say, your ideas of lazing around and wearing pajamas all day won't last long. You'll soon realize that being an at-home parent does not include those activities! :) It's a dang lot of work!! But for now...enjoy the relaxation. ;)

Lindsay said...

You get paternity leave?! How awesome is that!