Monday, September 8, 2008

Best 10 Things About Being Pregnant

1. Beautiful, strong and long nails. Growing them was never easier!!!

2. Food cravings. Society expects them, why not have some fun and pick a good one?

3. Friends and doctors get excited when I gain weight. Really, does life get any better?

4. New clothes. The old ones don't fit. Shucks, guess I'll have to go shopping.

And don't get me started on how much I love maternity clothes. Standardized elastic waist band in every pair of pants? Transitioning back is going to be rough.

5. A sweet husband who helps tie my shoes, never snickers when I trip (frequently), and makes me feel beautiful. Although, admittedly, I miss seeing my feet. And belly button.

6. Feeling the baby kick and guessing what he is thinking.

7. Two votes in family counsel. Somehow he always sides with me.

8. Not talking to yourself. I'm just bouncing ideas off the baby.

9. As if getting a seat on the subway every time wasn't enough.

10. Add your favorite by commenting, if there is anything I missed...

8 comments:

Erin said...

10. Being able to be un-pregnant after 9 months!

Alyosha said...

An excuse to sleep in. "I'm gestating, thank you very much."

Anonymous said...

Not shedding at all(though watch out from about 2 months until about 8 months when all that built up hair decides to come out and you feel like you're going bald...oh, I guess that's dipping into bad things about being postpartum...)

gretchen said...

Maternity leave!! :) Mine just started last week, and I have to admit that it's nice being able to sleep in . . . of course, I'm sure all that will change when the baby actually comes!! :)

Nancy said...

what a great attitude! I am always busiliy thinking of the worst things about being pregnant. i'll have to read this post frequently.

Brett and Lisa said...

great list! the subway thing is great, but I always hated it when people would get mad if I didn't want to sit down...

Jilly Bean said...

Ah! I can't believe you're so far along! Yeah, there are some amazing things about pregnancy. You're going to love your little guy!!

Brice Family said...

Hormones. Not everyone loves pregnancy hormones, but I'm convinced they had a positive effect on my moods. Not so the hormonal crash post-partum.

Btw, do people really offer you their seat on the subway?!! Regularly? I almost never encountered that when I was pregnant. Just don't tell me you have people frequently offer to help carry a stroller up and down the stairs of the subway once your baby is an adorably chubby toddler, or I will be way too jealous. I don't feel entitled to help, but I do feel like my spine is going to collapse some days under the weight of a 30lb kid, 14lb stroller, 5lb diaper bag and 30lb backpack...
Annie