Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Blair V-K

We spent memorial day with family in upstate New York, where my cousin has a summer home in the Adirondack state park. We canoed on the Hudson river which joined their back yard, hiked around, and remembered that 'wild life' was more than ticked off cockroaches.

We also just enjoyed spending time with our family--they are all so quirky and we fit in great! Joffrey, amazed us by the enormous amount of food he consumed at every meal. Where does he put it all? Perhaps his big muscles from the baseball team. (hee hee). Kellen has the most shaggy but beautiful hair (think Fred from Scooby Doo). When we were talking about his mom's Alzheimer's research at dinner one night, he asked if those who donate their dog's brains to research get a prize--like a pencil or a tee-shirt? We teased him about what such a tee-shirt would say.

Little Waela (pictured with yellow care-bear) has a budding talent for shopping, a woman after my own heart. We walked into an OshKosh B'Gosh outlet, and she headed over to the clothing rack, pointed to a little jumper, and in her cute two and a half year old voice chirped, "oooooouuuuuuu" this is really nice! She flipped the next one and said, green polka dots!!! very nice! When she got to the shoes, she went a bit nuts. She walked around pointing to every pair and describing them all in detail. Her mom finally relented and got her a pair that had the red flashers in the sole. She was in heaven. I think her dad is a bit worried about how these seedling fashion tendencies will affect his wallet in ten years.
As for myself, my cousin and I spent Saturday morning driving around looking at garage sales! So suburban, I felt like a tourist. And I scored! Prince and the Revolution: Purple Rain, and Bon Jovi: Slippery When Wet--$2 per cd. If someone can tell me how to attach music to the web site, I will share :)

Otherwise, we have been just rolling along. I became %100 distracted this week after the Texas appellate court decision on the FLDS children came out. If anyone has any strong thoughts, send me an email.

We are happy and healthy and looking forward to a nice summer in the city.

5 comments:

Derrick said...

Sounds very pleasant. :)

Anonymous said...

I was reading the comments on your last post and I am wondering if there is something that you should post about? We've been out of town!

Anonymous said...

PS-it souned like you had a great weekend-how relaxing! And your little cousin is too cute!

Nancy said...

i like green polka dots too.

sounds like fun, and congrats to cliff!

Darci said...

I'm SO excited for you to figure out how to put that garage sale 80's music as a background entertainment while reading your blog! Let me know if you're taking requests!!! :-)