Monday, April 4, 2011

Home to Stay!

We are happily home from the hospital, though we enjoyed our stay there too. Isaac, though sad at first that mommy wasn't there to tuck him in at night, soon realized that visiting mommy meant riding in a taxi and seeing boats in the river from the hospital room. It also meant all the jell-o he could eat (as pictured), and it turns out he can eat a lot.

The plan was to be home in time for the first session of conference Saturday afternoon. However, we found out as we were trying to check out that the doctors had put Alexander on a 72 hour hold, meaning the soonest he could go home was 7pm Saturday night. The hold was because he didn't come for about 20 hours after my water had broken and the risk of infection is apparently high.

It was at that moment the beauty of having two children sunk in--as the nurse was telling us she couldn't discharge us, she looked at Isaac who, although a good kid, was climbing on a chair and wanting to pound his toy train against the hospital window. She looked back at us and then said--let me see what I can do with the doctors.

So, they only made us stay until 1pm. We were home in time for a family nap before the second session.
Speaking of napping.... Alexander is a great sleeper. Heavenly Father doesn't take orders and I was bracing for another non-sleeper who had a large set of lungs, but it seems Alex is quite the opposite. I have to set my alarm at night so I make sure he gets fed since I've learned he would probably prefer to just sleep.

Of course he is only 4 days old, so we may have to eat our hat. But it doesn't hurt to be overly optimistic, and its hard not to be with such a beautiful angel from heaven newly in our home.


Here is how we watched conference, 2 kid style :)

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

He is too precious. I can't wait to meet him! Life with 2 little ones is a little nutty, but definitely worth it. :)

Jilly Bean said...

Wonderful! Your boys are so cute. Life with two kids is great...so much fun and sometimes so tricky! Enjoy your sleepy baby and your playful toddler!

Nancy said...

Congratulations! I"m so excited for you. Two kids is crazy but awesome! And Alexander is so so so so cute!