I saw this picture in the New York Times of the 96th Street Subway station 2/3 train (our closest station) from last week. Need I say we've had rain!!Amidst all the rain, Isaac was insistent we find the perfect Easter card for the Grandparents, and that he read and sign them himself. I kept trying to hand him a crayon to draw a picture on the cards, but he kept taking the pen and "reading" the text over and over. I guess he will be a careful document signer, as all lawyer children should be.
--we went to see South Pacific
where my goal was to see this painting (mission accomplished).The weekend brought glorious Easter egg hunts! and glorious General Conference!
At the first egg hunt, Isaac didn't really get it. He had seen me filling the eggs with treats the day before and knew that the point of getting one was to crack it open and eat the inside.
To that end, it was hard to convince him not to not plunk down and leisurely eat the contents, but to instead collect them in his basket for later. I guess the idea of 'saving for later' doesn't really appeal to the 17 month crowd.
Plus, he had another bite at the apple (egg?) the next morning (Sunday) when a lot of the kids did it all over again. (Can you see him in the crowd? Red shirt, front left) He did better, but also made himself a bit ill on jelly beans.
We were laughing that during the Easter egg hunt, we hid and he hunted; and now every day since Easter we keep finding plastic eggs he has hid around the house. (The hunter has become the hunted?)
Today the temperatures got into the 90's! It feels like spring has sprung. Hurray!
3 comments:
I love the picture of Isaac and Cliff. Too cute. Glad you guys had a happy Easter!
Looks like the Easter egg hunt had a great turn out. Wish we could have been there. Isaac is getting to be quite a quick runner.
oooooooohhh Isaac has gotten soooo big!!!! I sure miss you all!!! But I am glad you guys are enjoying your spring!!!
Post a Comment