Forty is the approximate distance of a marathon (42.195km). Didn't the children of Israel wander in the wilderness 40 years? I think the rain fell for Noah 40 days and 40 nights. 40 days our Savior fasted, and He commanded us to forgive each other 40 times 40 which, although not a period, is certainly a emotional and spiritual threshold.
It seems uncanny that 40 weeks is the gestation time for little ones.
True, this isn't a marathon (although it sort of feels like it), I am not trekking around the wilderness like a nomad for 40 years, or feeling the hunger pangs of fasting 40 days, but I tell you what--40 weeks of pregnancy is quite enough to make me stop and think that there is more to this than its trappings of physical sacrifice.
What that 'more' is, I am still trying to figure out. I will keep you posted.
Otherwise, things are going well. People from work took me out to dinner/baby shower this past Thursday at Tony DiNapoli's. Highly recommend the restaurant.
Our stroller came--yeah, we ended up being lemmings and going with a Maclaren. It took me 20 minutes to figure out how to unfold it. Now I can't get it folded again. I hope this kid comes with a better instruction manual then his stroller.
11 comments:
Justin took three months to figure out how to fold and unfold ours.
Mine came with a book that said I could do it one handed... They failed to mention that would require using your feet and one hand.
You'll love the MacClaren and I promise you will perfect the one handed fold while running to catch the subway with a screaming baby in your arms, before its time is up! :)
Good luck in your last few weeks.
P.S. Child-growing is WAY harder then a marathon. (and you don't burn as many calories...blah!)
40 weeks, so true! I never thought about it that way!
True, it might be what every other mother is pushing around these days, but trendy or not, we love our little MacClaren. It's so light and easy to get around this city! (And yes...it really is easy to fold...you'll be a pro in no time.)
Also, that is interesting about the number 40. Keep thinking about it...I'd love to hear more of what you come up with.
If everyone had the money, everyone would have a Ferrari, too. It's not being lemmings, it's just getting a fantastic stroller. :)
A stroller! Wow, I am so excited to see you guys pushing that thing! The question is, will it be sturdy enough to push up the mountains of Hungary?!
I think if you read the 2nd paragraph of Brecken's post, you'll find it will apply to your child, too:) And are you even pregnant in that picture? Seriously, you look amazing. I love your post. Let us know what you come up with. And are you guys going to Hungary?
Hang in there, you are so close.
I am so excited for you guys! A teacher friend of mine just had a little girl last week and she is SO tiny and sweet! I just can't wait to see Baby Blair! Hopefully you'll come out for a visit sometime soon so I can see him in person! :-)
Yes, I sometimes wonder why on earth pregnancy is so stinking hard! Then one day I read in the good book that the Lord made is stinking hard on purpose. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. "Okay" I said.
But it really is temporary. Someday you will feel like your regular self again. And your beautiful baby will be so worth it. :) Love you, girl!
What about 41 1/7 weeks, which is the average gestational period for first babies? :)
Haha...i'll give you lessons on the stroller folding while we wait for our husbands during one of the many singles ward activities! Ha ha. But believe it or not, you'll become a natural at it. Brecken is right, you need a foot and hand then viola!
Post a Comment