Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Easter to all!

We wish every one of our friends and family a wonderful and sweet Easter weekend!

We are doing well and have the most pleasant of memories from the wedding of Margo's niece, Rachel, in Sacramento last weekend. I enjoyed spending time with 4 of my 5 sisters, cousins, and parents. We even spent time with Cliff's uncle who lives in the area. Mom has her left hand in a cast after slipping on the ice and breaking a bone. We all got to sign it.

It seems like things are a bit quiet here, and I have time to do ordinary things, like read books. A friend at work made a deal with me that if I would read The Brothers Karamazov with her, she would read The Merchant of Venice with me. So I find myself exactly where I promised myself I wouldn't be again--slugging through a Russian novel.

Life in the Bronx family court is going well. I am able to whip our motions and discovery (including redactions) efficiently (i.e., 20 minutes, often right before the hearing), and can do a cocaine trial almost wholly without notes now (they the most straight forward--once the hospital turns over toxicology records). But every day presents new challenges and I am constantly learning new things and new ways to do old things.

He is Risen!

2 comments:

Derrick said...

An update!?! Hooray! Good to hear from you guys.

MOM said...

Margo, I love your blog! It was so great to see you and Cliff; we are looking forward to August 2.